Here are 7 quick stats to keep in mind when it comes to being on top of your business’ data, server(s), and system(s). Back-ups can save your business from being completely decimated by a disaster, malware, a virus, hacker, and the list goes on.
Some of these stats are pretty scary while others are very insightful in helping you plan and (hopefully) prevent bad things from happening:
- 96% of all business workstations are not being backed up (Contingency Planning and Strategic Research Corporation)
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster, filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- Every week approximately 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States. (Mozy Online Backup)
- Of companies that suffer catastrophic data loss: 43% never reopen and 51% close within two years (University of Texas)
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control. (Reality Times, Inc.)
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape backup failures. (The Gartner Group)
- 2,000 laptops are stolen or lost every day. (Reality Times, Inc.)
Prevention is key. Don’t let yourself or your business become a statistic.